Friday, January 25, 2008

There's Democrats, and then... there's slow learners

-continued, see previous post.

That's what I really wanted to say to the jolly guy I helped today, after he was unable to find several recent neo-con diatribes in our library's catalog. I cheerfully, patiently, and respectfully showed him how to locate and reserve them. He then asked for help finding the last title on his list, "An Incovenient Book, you know, the one that answers that science fiction of Gore's." I credit my daddy's rule, and my own customer service ethic and training, that my smile never wavered, even as I was thinking, "You have absolutely no clue how incredibly offensive I find your reading materials, do you?" I did seriously weigh my future job security against the pleasure of pointing out to him that even George Bush has finally figured out (gasp!) that there is something going on that looks remarkably global warming.

But I refrained, and jolly guy and I parted the best of friends, with many thanks on his part, and the assurance that he'd be sure to ask for my help again next time he came in, because I was "sure a lot better at finding this stuff" than he was. So, thanks to my new friend, and G. W. (for global warming, don't you think?) Bush, I now have my 2008 election year rallying cry: There's Democrats, and then... there's slow learners.

I like it. And how may I help YOU?

2 comments:

JeanneBR said...

I like it too. Ir would make a great bumpersricker. :-) JBR

23 Things said...

Great bumper sticker! Funny post.