Friday, January 25, 2008

My daddy always told me...

"... I don't believe there's anyone you can't at least get along with. " Yes, he's a bit of a Pollyanna (and a total sweetheart,) and I'm pretty sure even he would have exempted Hitler, along with a few others, from his advice... But in general, I've found it a good rule to try to live by, especially when dealing with difficult customers, colleagues, or anyone else I encounter in day-to-day life who may not be my favorite person (or may even be my least favorite) at the moment, or always.
Of course, if you're a public librarian, working in a large metropolitan library system, as I am- you'd better like people, and working with them, a lot! And I do, so most of the time, I enjoy the wide variety of people I work with day to day. But every once in awhile...

-to be continued.

No comments: